Skip to main content

Introduction


Welcome! This is a new and exciting venture for me.  My name is Marissa Fraser and I live in North Brisbane with my husband Eddie and my three children, Amalia (4), Adeline (3) and Nathaniel (3 months). 

As the name the name of my blog suggests, I am the normal mummy, but what is normal? This term has become idealistic and dreamed upon, especially in my world. 


I suffer from being a perfectionist, anxiety and depression, and with my three kids it is a constant struggle inside of my head to be kind and fun but also have the 'perfect' house, kids and cooking to name just a few.    The biggest one for me and the biggest secret, is how much I hate myself and if I do everything perfect as in my head then I might actually be nice to myself and congratulate myself for once.  

This is exacerbated but the fact that I don't 'look' perfect. Just giving birth to my third child I am sure that I hit 150kgs ( this is the first time that I have admitted it to myself) and I hurt and extremely disappointed at myself.  I have always been overweight and thats not the issue, its how big I have gotten.  The fact that I can't run and play with the kids because I get too tired too quickly that is just not good enough in my eyes (going back to the perfectionism).    

On this blog, you will get the good the bad the ugly and the normal.  I take comfort in the fact that I am not alone in this journey and I would love to hear from you. 


Sending all the love, Marissa







Comments